WordPress and the related software required to run a website are constantly changing, evolving, and improving. This necessitates an active website management approach. There are almost daily tasks that need to be performed to ensure a website is up to date, safe, and running at optimal performance.
But do you need to hire a service like Cinch to maintain your site? Let’s take look at who could benefit from a website support and maintenance service and who’d be better off managing and maintaining a site on their own.
When DIY is the better option
Let’s start by looking at what types of sites would be best served by a do-it-yourself approach to maintenance. Many site owners will start their thinking here and quite honestly, anybody can manage their own site given enough time, attention, and an eagerness to learn. Here’s a quick list of types of sites / site owners that might want to do it themselves:
- Personal websites / personal blogs
- Site owners looking to learn web development
- Site owners that are comfortable with malware issues and fixing hacks
- Businesses on a full bootstrap path
- Websites that don’t need extra help beyond backups and updates
If you have the time and are willing to learn how to properly maintain a website, the DIY route is a solid option – especially If you don’t need the support of WordPress experts to answer questions or solve issues.
When Cinch is a GOOD fit
A website support service like Cinch is a great value when the business or site owner has a vested financial interest in keeping their website up-to-date and running smoothly. The value is especially apparent when you think of Cinch as a personal web developer at your disposal when you need us. So who is Cinch a good fit for?
- WordPress powered websites
- WooCommerce powered websites
- Businesses without an in-house marketing or IT department
- Businesses with an in-house IT team, but no time or interest in maintaining a website.
- Businesses that need periodic small fixes to their site
- Businesses that value the peace of mind that comes with having WordPress and WooCommerce experts on their team
The X factor: 30-minute fixes
What makes Cinch stand out from a lot of other WordPress maintenance services is our 30-minute fixes. Any support you need that takes us 30 minutes or less is included in all of our support plans.
When Cinch is NOT a good fit
While many in the DIY camp come to value our services once they get financially stable, there are situations where we’re simply not a good fit for a site owner or business:
- Websites that need a one-time fix for an issue (Why we don’t do one-time fixes)
- International websites – We are better suited to serve US or Canadian customers
- Websites not powered by WordPress
Summing it up
If you value a secure, up to date, and well-running website, then hiring a WordPress support team is a good choice. Cinch is an especially good choice since we provide a ton more value than a typical maintenance service. Check out all the options on our pricing page. Give us a shout if you have any questions.