If you’ve decided to cancel your Cinch maintenance subscription, here’s what you need to know and the steps you’ll need to take to completely remove us from your website.
How to Cancel Your Subscription
You can cancel your subscription in two ways:
- Log into your account, browse to Subscriptions, and cancel.
- Contact us directly and we will cancel for you.
What Happens When You Cancel Your Subscription
If you cancel your subscription today, we will continue to maintain your website until your renewal date, unless you specify otherwise. Once your renewal date is reached we will begin to remove your site from our systems and perform the following tasks:
- Take a final backup of your site and will send it to you upon request.
- Remove your site from our backup system.
- Stop running software updates.
- Remove your site from our security systems.
- Stop monitoring site uptime.
- Delete all credentials stored for your site.
- Remove site performance systems (for Performance plans).
Once we remove your site from our systems, there are a few cleanup items that you will need to perform. When we initially set up your subscription, a few plugins were installed and accounts were set up that allowed us to manage and maintain your website. Since we will no longer have access you can safely remove the
- The Cinch WordPress admin account (usually
- Any SFTP account that may have been set up
If you decided to remove all of our access before we could begin our removal process, you’ll need to remove some or all of the following plugins from your site:
- wp-rocket (how to manually uninstall WP Rocket)
These plugins may not be visible in the WordPress admin panel. Be sure to check your server via FTP or your control panel as well.
Reach out via email or start a chat. We’ll be happy to answer any questions or help you through the cancellation process.