- Implement a block navigation system that allows selecting child or parent blocks within nested blocks (like folder path traversal) as well as functioning as a general fast navigation system when a root block is selected.
- Add a Media & Text block that can facilitate the creation of split column content and allows the split to be resizable.
- Show block style selector in the block inspector.
- Rename Cover Image to just Cover and add support for video backgrounds.
- Add a new accessible Date Picker. This was months in the works.
- Reimplement the Color Picker component to greatly improve keyboard navigation and screenreader operations.
- Add style variation for Table block with stripe design.
- Add “Options” modal to toggle on/off the different document panels.
- Allow toggling visibility of registered meta-boxes from the “Options” modal.
- Handle cases where a block is on the page but the block is not registered by showing a dialog with the available options.
- Use posts endpoint for reusable blocks allowing them to be edited directly as individual posts.
- Ensure compatibility with WordPress 5.0.
- When pasting single lines of text, treat them as inline text.
- Add ability to insert images from URL directly in the Image block.
- Make Columns block responsive.
infoprop support to MenuItem and FeatureToggle. Show relevant description text on “view modes”.
- Make responsive embeds a theme option.
- Add direction attribute / LTR button to the Paragraph block.
- Display accurate updated and publish notices based on post type.
- Update buttons in the editor header area to improve consistency (save, revert to draft, etc).
- Avoid horizontal writing flow navigation in native inputs.
- Move toggle buttons to the left of their control handle.
- Add explicit bottom margin to
figureelements (like image and embed).
- Allow transforming a Pullquote to a Quote and viceversa.
- Allow block inserter to search for blocks by typing their category.
- Add a label to the URL field in the Publishing Flow panel.
- Use the stored date format in settings for the LatestPosts block.
- Remove the placeholder text and use visible label instead in TokenField.
- Add translator comment for “View” menu label.
- Make YouTube embed classes consistent between front-end and back-end.
- Take into account citation when transforming a Quote to a Paragraph.
- Restore ⌘A’s “select all blocks” behaviour.
- Allow themes to disable custom font size functionality.
- Make missing custom font sizes labels translatable.
- Ensure cite is string when merging quote.
- Defer fetching non-hierarchical terms in
- Move the theme support data previously exposed at the REST API index into a read-only theme controller for the active theme.
- Detect oEmbed responses where the oEmbed provider is missing.
- Use “Save as Pending” when the Pending checkbox is active.
- Use the post type’s REST controller class as autosave parent controller.
- Use post type labels in
- Enforce text color within inline boundaries to ensure contrast and legibility.
- Add self-closing tag support (like
pathelement) when comparing HTML.
- Make sure autocomplete triggers are regex safe.
- Silence PHP errors on REST API responses.
- Show permalink label as bold text.
- Change the block renderer controller endpoint and namespace from
- Hide “edit image” toolbar buttons when no image is selected.
- Hide “Add to Reusable Blocks” action when ‘core/block’ is disabled.
- Handle blocks passing null as RichText value.
- Improve validation for attribute names in rich-text toHTMLString.
- Allow to globally overwrite defined colors in PanelColorSettings.
- Fix regressions with Button block preview display.
- Fix issue with color picker not appearing on mobile.
- Fix publish buttons with long text.
- Fix link to manifest file in contributing file.
- Fix demo content crash on malformed URL.
- Fix issue in docs manifest.
- Fix media caption processing with the new RichText structure.
- Fix problem with Gallery losing assigned columns when alignments are applied.
- Fix an issue where the Categories block would always use the center class alignmentregardless of what was set.
- Fix scroll issue on small viewports.
- Fix formatting in
getEditorSettingsdocs and update
- Fix padding in block validation modal.
- Fix extra instances of old rich text value source.
- Fix issue with adding links from the auto-completer.
- Fix outdated docs for RichText.
- Fix pre-publish panel overflow issue.
- Fix missing styles for medium and huge font size classes.
- Fix autocomplete keyboard navigation in link popover.
- Fix a text selection exception in Safari.
- Fix WordPress embed URL resolution and embeds as reusable blocks.
- Avoid triggering a redirect when creating a new Table block.
- Only use rich text value internally to the RichText component.
- Ensure multiline prop is either “p” or “li” in RichText.
- Do not use
dangerouslySetInnerHTMLwith i18n string.
- Account for null value in redux-routine createRuntime.
- Extract link container from RichText.
default_excerptfilters to function as expected.
- Replace gutenberg in classNames with block-editor.
- Restore the order of actions usually fired in edit-form-advanced.php.
- Update REST Search controller to use ‘wp/v2’ namespace.
- Improve keyboard shortcuts section in FAQ.
- Change all occurrences of ‘new window’ to ‘new tab’.
- Conditionally load PHP classes in preparation for inclusion in core.
- Update rich-text source mentions in docs.
- Deprecate PanelColor components.
- Use mock response for demo test if Vimeo is down.
- Adding a bit more verbosity to the install script instructions.
isDefaultoption for block styles.
- Update docs for new REST API namespace.
- Update shortcut docs with new block navigation menu shortcut.
- Further improve Release docs.
- Updated custom icon documentation links.
- Add all available script handles to documentation.
- Add wp-polyfill to scripts.md.
- Add e2e tests for List and Quote transformations.
- Fail CI build if local changes exist.
- Attempt to always use the latest version of nvm.
- Add bare handling for lint-js script.
- Add support for Webpack bundle analyzer.
- Improve setup of Lerna.
- Update clipboard dependency to at least 2.0.1.
- Recreate the demo content post as an e2e test using keyboard commands.